On day 1 of this two day workshop, you and your child will take part in the Best Will in the World workshop. In this energetic Drama workshop based on A Midsummer Night’s Dream, the young people will:
- Explore the major themes of the play in a fun and interactive way.
- Be immersed in the social and historical context of the play, the writer and the audience through 'hands on' access to original artefacts and documents from the Trust's extensive archive.
- Take part in a practical demonstration in how make-up, stage effects, wigs and costume combine to enhance a play.
- Work as an ensemble and in small groups to devise and perform scenes from the play.
- Stage an abridged performance using original text, movement and music.
On the second day the young people will work alongside a professional artist to create an installation for the cottage and also their own individual pieces of artwork to take away.
Across the two days the young people will complete their Arts Award Explore log book. SBT staff will assess these log books at the end of the course and then submit the work to Trinity College, London for moderation.
Suitable for 7-14 year olds.
Cost for this workshop is £50.
Duration: Day 1: 10am – 2.30pm Day 2: 10am – 4pm
(Includes: workshop materials, Arts Award booklets and certification costs, entrance to Shakespeare’s Birthplace for one adult and a child).
This workshop is designed for home educators and children to work together. It is expected that you stay with your child throughout.
Learn more about the Arts Award qualifications: www.artsaward.org.uk